- One medium onion (finely chopped)
- Two cloves of garlic (finely sliced)
- 200g Arborio Rice
- 400ml Vegetable stock
- One Lemon
- Small knob of butter
- 100g Smoked Salmon
- Fry onion in a little cooking oil for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for another minute.
- Stir in the rice and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add a little of the vegetable stock.
- Once the stock has evaporated add a little more stirring occasionally
- Continue doing this until the rice is almost cooked.
- Grate the rind of the lemon into the pan and add a little vegetable stock.
- When the rice is cooked squeeze the juice of the lemon into the pan.
- Season to taste.
- Add the knob of butter and stir in until completely melted.
- Serve the risotto into two bowls.
- Slice up the smoked salmon and scatter over the top of the risotto.